Mary Shores and I first met when we were both crewing a Tony Robbins event, back in 2016, and at the time she was in the final throes of writing her book, Conscious Communications: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Harnessing the Power of Your Words to Change Your Mind, Your Choices, and Your Life.
What I didn’t know at the time was that Mary had actually WON a chance to be published through Hay House Publishing. In case you’re not familiar, Hay House is an internationally known publishing house that has produced Best Sellers from people like Mike Dooley, Gabby Bernstein, Mariane Williamson, Wayne Dyer, and countless others.
So yeah… kind of a big deal.
Mary is a long-time entrepreneur and now, a Best-Selling author, but you'd never guess how she's managed to merge her worlds to create such a fulfilling career. Passionate about re-writing how our country faces debt, Mary has built up her debt collection agency over the past decade, and she's used this experience as a catalyst to help people choose the words they use to better their life. The debt industry is fraught with negativity and shame, but through research, Mary has been able to articulate in her book how a simple shift in our language can reframe our entire experience.
“Alignment is when your words, thoughts, actions, and choices are all going in the direction of what you want."
I love getting a scientific approach to personal development, and Mary's book delivers just that. Take a listen to today's interview, grab a copy of her book, and start to see how conscious communication can change your life.
THE BOLD LIFE MOVEMENT
CLICK HERE to download.
SOME QUESTIONS I ASK:
- What are the different kinds of affirmations?
- How can people start to focus on the positive?
- What is the difference between conscious and unconscious communications?
- What advice would you give to people who don’t know the outcome they want to bring about, they just know they don’t want the situation they currently have?
- What is the 'Cleanse or Clog' method?
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN:
- How her book differs from others in this space.
- What does it mean to be “in alignment” and why you want it.
- What is a neural pathway.
- Why words are easier to control than your thoughts.
- The 5 different types of self-expression.
- How your involuntary speech patterns affect your reality.
- How you create self compassion by changing the chemicals in your head.
- How long it can take for affirmations to create new neural pathways.
- What is ‘The Magic Eight’.