Bari Tessler is a Financial Therapist, Mentor Coach and Mama-preneur. She has been healing people's stories with money for over a decade, and each year she leads hundreds of people in a global, year-long money school, which integrates Money Healing, Money Practices and Money Maps.
Her work has been featured on Oprah.com, Inc.com, and the Huffington Post and in US News & World Report, Reuters Money, The Fiscal Times, Experience Life Magazine, Yogi Times, Best Self Magazine and Emerging Women.
Bari’s gentle, body-centered approach weaves together personal, couple, and creative entrepreneurial money teachings into one complete tapestry. It's a great addition to our financial mini series.
If you missed the earlier episodes, check them out here:
Last year Bari released her book, The Art of Money: A Life-Changing Guide to Financial Happiness, which I'm currently (and joyously) leading a group of women through following Bari's Book Club Guide.
“I’m going to be updating and fine tuning my relationship to money, every year, forever."
THE BOLD LIFE MOVEMENT
- What is somatic psychology?
- Why it’s so important for your intimate relationships to understand your money story and be able to speak to it.
- What does financial therapy entail?
- How to receive the financial education we didn’t receive in school.
- The three phases of Bari's financial healing methodology
- The power of a body checkin when it comes to changing our relationship with money. (and when to use it)
- How The Art of Money evolved into a year long program
- How to make money management more YOU, and more fun.
- How money dates can move you forward.
- The importance of picking a bookkeeping software (and deciding if you’re going to learn it on your own or hire someone to teach you).
- Why “renaming” your money categories can add deeper meaning and make it more playful.
- Why some people get stuck in the visioning and planning phase.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: